UPDATED ON:

27 August 2014

Queen Boadicea Rallying Her Army

Queen Boadicea Rallying Her Army
"Wait and see, what justice can be, delivered by a woman, mightier than thee!

General Info For Visitors

I invite you to view my art gallery; video-clips libraries, links list, posts (including archives). You will also find individual artworks scattered about the blog; so, please browse the entire blog before leaving.

My blog is dedicated to women warriors everywhere. My site depicts women warriors from fantasy, myth, and history. See my "Table Of Contents" at the top left of the blog for easy navigation.

You are invited to comment on any post. You may also leave me comments or suggestions by clicking on any post. I do moderate all comments for appropriateness. Just click on "Comments" at the bottom of the post, fill out your comment, fill in the security code, and then click "Post". Older posts are in the "Blog Archives" located under the "Table Of Contents".

U
se of copyrighted works: All art images and sound clips used on the blog and websites owned by the blog are used under the provisions of "Fair Use" as defined by the U.S. Copyright Act Of 1976, Section 107. Any artist who wishes their work to be removed from the blog or its websites should reply with a Comment to any of the Posts on the blog.

Note: There are NO X-rated artworks or stories on this blog or its links.
-------------------------------------------------------------


"Amazons Vs. Greeks" Battle by David Saccheri (click pic for hi-res)

"Amazons Vs. Greeks" Battle by David Saccheri (click pic for hi-res)
"You abduct our freakin' queen, steal our bleedin' horses, and then you have the cheek to ask us women to go out with ya?"

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

"War Goddess" (1974) Amazons vs Greeks video clip

I found the "War Goddess" (1974) video clip, while searching my videos that I've backed up, that was deleted from You Tube. This clip depicts the famous battle between Queen Antiope's Amazon cavalry and King Theseus's Greek army who's holding her captive. "War Goddess" is the English dubbed, Italian version of "The Amazons", released to U.S. audiences the same year.

Directed by Terrence Young, of "Star Wars" fame, "War Goddess" features several action clips depicting Amazon life and combat. My favorite is this clip as it shows Amazons wearing period costumes, with authentic weapons, using good horsewomanship, and excellent fight scenes.

Please clip the above link to view it, plus I've placed in my "Video Library" on the blog. Enjoy!

No comments:

"Wolfy's Howl" Blog News

I recently switched from cable Net to DSL Net so I lost my access to my previous ISP's FTP server. Therefore, as my photo-stories and short-story libraries were hosted on the FTP server, I had to delete both libraries. I hope that most of you had a chance to read these stories. Sadly, I haven't found a way to put them back on the blog.

*** BIG PROBLEM:

One of my biggest problems with art collecting is authors not signing their work. While I sometimes use unsigned art, I also would like to give the artist credit. So, if anybody thinks they know the artist of any unknown picture here, please leave me a comment on any of my posts. Thanks.

Thanks to everybody for making the blog a success.
-------------------------------------------






Gladiatrix

Gladiatrix
Artist: White Coma

A Gladiatrix Speaks Out:

"[Men tell women it's not ladylike to wield a sword.] Well, ever the man in men! Let a woman know her place: let her milk and spin and sew and bake and bear children, not look upon her threshold or the command of her lord and master! Bah! I spit on you all!

There is no man alive who can face me with weapons and live, and before I die, I'll prove it to the world. Women! Cows! Slaves! Whimpering, cringing serfs, crouching to blows ...

Ha! You deny me a place among men? By God, I'll live as I please and die as God wills, but if I'm not fit to be a man's comrade, at least I'll be no man's mistress."

From: The Encylopedia Of Amazons, by Jessica Amanda Salmanson, p. 4.

"Close Quarters" by Bodak

"Close Quarters" by Bodak
"Not in strength are we inferior to men; the same our eyes, our limbs the same; one common light we see, one air we breathe, nor different is the food we eat. What then has heaven denied to us that the Gods have bestowed on men"? "Aethiops" by Quintus Smyrnus

Topless Duel

Topless Duel
Artist: Galerie Alter Meister, 1905

WOMEN-WARRIORS ART GALLERY

To download picture, right-click mouse on image, click "Save Picture As", name file, click "Save". All artworks here were downloaded from free galleries and are considered to be "Fair Use" as described above. My thanks to all artists who contributed to those galleries.

I have a huge and expanding collection of art and update this "Rotating Gallery" monthly.

"Last Charge Of The Amazons"

"Last Charge Of The Amazons"
Artist: Zpapageo

"Death Of Camilla" (Aenaeid)

"Death Of Camilla" (Aenaeid)
Artist: Maicar Forlag (Liebig Museum)

"Aegia"

"Aegia"
Artist: TalonGE

"Dragon Slayer"

"Dragon Slayer"
Source: wallpapers.net

"Neighborhood Watch"

"Neighborhood Watch"
Artist: Chris Achilleos