TABLE OF CONTENTS:
General Info For Visitors
My blog is dedicated to women warriors everywhere. My site depicts women warriors from fantasy, myth, and history. See my "Table Of Contents" at the top left of the blog for easy navigation.
You are invited to comment on any post. You may also leave me comments or suggestions by clicking on any post. I do moderate all comments for appropriateness. Just click on "Comments" at the bottom of the post, fill out your comment, fill in the security code, and then click "Post". Older posts are in the "Blog Archives" located under the "Table Of Contents".
Use of copyrighted works: All art images and sound clips used on the blog and websites owned by the blog are used under the provisions of "Fair Use" as defined by the U.S. Copyright Act Of 1976, Section 107. Any artist who wishes their work to be removed from the blog or its websites should reply with a Comment to any of the Posts on the blog.
Background music: "Anvil Of Crom" from "Conan The Barbarian" movie.
Note: There are NO X-rated artworks or stories on this blog or its links.
Who Am I?
- ► 2011 (21)
- ► 2010 (11)
- ► 2009 (40)
Friday, December 27, 2013
Tuesday, April 23, 2013
************************ excerpted from the book
'The Ideal Muslimah' by Dr. Muhammad Ali Al Hashimi
The Prophet (SAW) said, 'Who could bear what you are putting up with, O Umm 'Umarah?' She said: The man who had struck my son came by, and the Messenger of ALlah (SAW) said, 'This is the one who struck your son.' I intercepted him and hit him in the thigh, and he collapsed. I saw the Messenger of ALlah (SAW) smiling so broadly that I could see his back teeth. He said, 'You have taken your revenge, O Umm 'Umarah!' Then we struck him with our weapons until we killed him, and the Prophet (SAW) said: 'Praise be to Allah (SWT), who granted you victory over him, gave you the satisfaction of taking revenge on your enemy, and let you see the vengeance for yourself." On this day, Nasibah herself received many wounds whilst she was fighting the people and striking their chests. The Prophet (SAW) saw her, and called to her son, "Your mother! Your mother! See to her wounds, may Allah (SWT) bless you and your household! Your mother has fought better than so-and-so." When his mother heard what the Prophet (SAW) said, she said, "Pray to Allah (SWT) that we may accompany you in Paradise." He said, "O Allah (SWT), make them my companions in Paradise." She said, " I do not care what befalls me in this world." Umm 'Umarah's jihad was not confined to the battle of Uhud.
She was also present on a number of other occasions, namely the treaty of 'Aqabah, Al-Hudaybiyah, Khaybar and Hunayn. Her heroic conduct at Hunayn was no less marvellous than her heroic conduct at Uhud. At the time of Abu Bakr's Khilafah, she was present at Al-Yamamah where she fought brilliantly and received eleven wounds as well as losing her hand. It is no surprise that the Prophet (SAW) gave her the good news that she would enter Paradise, and that she was later held in high esteem by the khalifah Abu Bakr Al-Siddiq and his commander Khalid ibn Al-Walid and then by 'Umar ibn al-Khattab (RA)!!!
Tuesday, January 29, 2013
Wednesday, January 9, 2013
I have placed this magnificent picture in my "Art Gallery", so use my Table of Contents to find it and view picture number four. I hope that you will take time to appreciate the time and effort it took to compose this work. It's one of the most moving drawings of a female fantasy or historical warrior that I've seen in many years so I hope that you enjoy it.
Wednesday, August 1, 2012
The setting is medieval China and takes place outside of a castle which is defended by the women. The Amazons use swords, spears, arrows, and unique weapons to attack the male horde. I think that you will enjoy the fighting scenes, as they are some of the finest I've seen of this genre.
Tuesday, May 8, 2012
I have placed the clip in the "Video Library" under "Boudica". The clip shows two important and dramatic scenes: 1) her sacking the city of Londinium (London) and 2) her final heroic but futile charge against the Roman Legion sent to destroy her and her tribe. I do hope that you not only watch this video but also rent the movie from Netflix as it's a fair presentation of her exploits but has a few historical errors. And, nobody is quite sure how her and her two daughters perished in that final battle.
Friday, April 27, 2012
If you want to see a good historical movie about her, you may rent it from Netflix as "Warrior Queen". It's produced by Masterpiece Theater of the BBS and it's a high-quality, mostly historically accurate portrayal of her mistreatment by the Romans and her bloody uprising and defeat.
She is greatly admired by the modern Britons as they have erected a bronze statue of her near London's Westminister Bridge. It portrays her brandishing a spear in a two-horse chariot with her two daughters at her side.
Saturday, April 21, 2012
Thursday, April 19, 2012
Monday, April 16, 2012
"Wolfy's Howl" Blog News
The blog's photo- and short-stories hits are, in some months, exceeding my allowable page loads for these files. If that happens, you will see a comment from my FTP's webmaster to check back the first of the following month. Fortunately, this event doesn't occur often and doesn't effect any other part of my blog.
*** BIG PROBLEM:
One of my biggest problems with art collecting is authors not signing their work. While I sometimes use unsigned art, I also would like to give the artist credit. So, if anybody thinks they know the artist of any unknown picture here, please leave me a comment on any of my posts. Thanks.
Thanks to everybody for making the blog a success.
A Gladiatrix Speaks Out:
There is no man alive who can face me with weapons and live, and before I die, I'll prove it to the world. Women! Cows! Slaves! Whimpering, cringing serfs, crouching to blows ...
Ha! You deny me a place among men? By God, I'll live as I please and die as God wills, but if I'm not fit to be a man's comrade, at least I'll be no man's mistress."
From: The Encylopedia Of Amazons, by Jessica Amanda Salmanson, p. 4.
WOMEN WARRIORS PHOTO-STORIES LIBRARY
WOMEN-WARRIORS ART GALLERY
I have a huge and expanding collection of art and update this "Rotating Gallery" monthly.
POLL: YOUR OPINION WANTED
LINKS TO "AMAZON TALES" LIBRARY
- "A Bad Hair Day": a swordwoman and her griffin plan a theft
- "Girl From Tomorrow" (NEW): a feisty lass travels back in time, getting herself into several humorus scrapes.
- "Rebel Maidens": valiant women battle barbarian invaders.
- "Revenge Of Wolfslayer": a Viking woman goes on a raid
- "Sword From Themiscrya": a woman time-travels back to the land of the Amazons
- "The Falling Of Penthesilea": the Amazon Queen dies defending Troy
- "Triangle Of Death": three gladiatrices battle to the death. Who will win?
LINKS TO WOMEN WARRIORS VIDEO CLIPS
- Amazon Knights Of The Sangreal
- Amazons - 1986, trailer
- Amazons Myth: music, pictures, artworks
- Amazons, Proud: art and music
- Amazons: Hell Hath No Fury
- Ancient Greek women warriors
- Arena - 1973, gladiatrix fight
- Arena - 2001: first gladiatrix fight
- Arena - 2001: second gladiatrix fight
- Armored Woman Fights Armored Man
- Asian Women Warriors: music video
- Babes With Blades: martial arts ballet
- Barbarian Queen II: trailer
- Battle Of The Amazons: trailer
- Boudica's Sack Of Londinium & Final Charge
- Brittany Spears Gladiatrix Pepsi Clip
- Broadsword Stage Fight
- Brunhilde Fights: Nebelung (2004)
- Burial Of The Rats: Women Saber Fight Male Army
- Camilla's Last Charge
- Centurion: Pict Female Warrior Battles Roman Officer
- Deathstalker IV clip: two swordswomen fight
- Dragon Slayers: art and music
- Gladiatrix Arena art
- Gladiatrix Documentary
- Gladiatrix Fight (Italian Reenactment)
- Gladiatrix Fight: actresses play swordswomen
- Gladiatrix Fight: reenactment sword vs staff
- Gladiatrix Fights Gladiator (Caligula)
- Gladiatrix vs Gladiator Fights1
- Gladiatrix: book trailer
- Hundra: barbarian invasion of her village
- Hundra: final fight scene
- Hundra: she battles barbarians
- Israeli Army (IDF): scenes of female soldiers
- Joan Of Arc (Leelee Sobieski)
- Keira Knightley in "King Arthur"
- Legend Of Seeker: Seeker and Mort'Sith Battle Men
- Legendary Amazons: Chinese women warriors defend their castle, full movie
- Mask Of Zorro: Zorro vs Elena swordfight
- Moorish Amazons
- Naked Weapon: gladiatrix fights
- Queen Of Swords: Tessia duels The Dragon
- Queen Of Swords: trailer
- Red Sonja music video
- Red Sonja: Duels With Queen Gedren
- Red Sonja: Temple Invasion Battle
- Roma Victrix: book trailer video clip
- SCA Renaissance Fair: woman vs man duels
- Slaves Of The Realm: clip of 2 swordswomen fight
- Stick Fighters
- Thor & The Amazon Women (gladiatrix fights at 0:38 min)
- Thor And The Amazon Women: gladiatrix duel
- Trip To The Moon: women swordfight clip
- Two Women Fatal Swordfight
- Valkyries Art: pictures & music
- Vercingtrix: Gaul woman warrior fighting man
- Viking Queen: trailer
- War Goddess - 1974, Amazons vs Greeks clip
- Warrior Princesses
- Werewolfking's Howl: women warriors art video
- Women Fencing In Cemetary
- Women Fight With Broadswords
- Women Warriors From Around The World
- Women Warriors History
- Women Warriors: American servicewomen in action
- Wonder Woman - 2009: Her Origin
- Wonder Woman - 2009: Hippolyta vs Ares
- World Of Women Warriors